Stephenville & Glen Rose Misdemeanor Defense Attorney
Defending Against Misdemeanor Charges in Texas
When facing legal challenges related to misdemeanor charges in Stephenville and Glen Rose, the Law Offices of Brady L. Pendleton are here to provide experienced legal representation and guidance. We are committed to protecting your rights and achieving the best possible outcome for your case.
Call the Law Offices of Brady L. Pendleton today at (888) 246-6869 or contact us online to request a consultation with our misdemeanors defense lawyer in Stephenville & Glen Rose.
What is a Misdemeanor?
Misdemeanors are a category of criminal offenses that fall between infractions (minor violations) and felonies (more serious crimes) on the spectrum of criminal offenses. While they are generally considered less severe than felonies, misdemeanor charges should not be taken lightly, as they can still result in significant legal consequences. Common examples of misdemeanor offenses include petty theft, simple assault, public intoxication, minor drug possession, and certain types of property damage.
Misdemeanors are typically classified into three categories:
- Class A Misdemeanors: These are the most severe misdemeanors and can lead to up to one year in county jail and a fine of up to $4,000.
- Class B Misdemeanors: Convictions for these offenses can result in up to 180 days in county jail and a fine of up to $2,000.
- Class C Misdemeanors: This category includes less serious offenses that are often punishable by a fine of up to $500 and without the possibility of jail time.
What are the Penalties for a Misdemeanor in Texas?
In Texas, the penalties for a misdemeanor conviction may vary based on the severity of the specific offense. Beyond fines and potential jail time, a misdemeanor conviction can have long-lasting consequences, including:
- Criminal Record: A misdemeanor conviction could lead to a permanent criminal record that can greatly affect your future employment, housing, and educational opportunities.
- Driver's License Suspension: Certain misdemeanor offenses, such as DUI/DWI, can lead to the suspension of your driver's license, making it challenging to maintain your daily routines.
- Probation: Instead of jail time, a judge may sentence you to probation, which requires you to stick to specific conditions, such as regular check-ins with a probation officer and attending counseling or educational programs.
- Increased Sentencing for Future Offenses: If you have prior misdemeanor convictions, subsequent convictions can lead to heighten penalties, including longer jail sentences and higher fines.
Defenses Against Misdemeanor Charges
At the Law Offices of Brady L. Pendleton, we understand that every case is unique. Our dedicated misdemeanor defense attorneys are skilled at building strong defense strategies tailored to the specific circumstances of your case. Some potential defenses against misdemeanor charges include:
- Lack of Evidence: If there is insufficient evidence to prove your guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, we can work to have the charges against you dismissed or reduced.
- Unlawful Search and Seizure: If law enforcement violated your Fourth Amendment rights by performing an illegal search or seizure, any evidence obtained may be deemed inadmissible in court.
- Self-Defense: If you acted in self-defense or defended others when the alleged misdemeanor occurred, we can argue that your actions were justified.
- Mistaken Identity: If mistaken identity is possible or you were falsely accused, we can investigate the circumstances and present evidence to support your innocence.
- Procedural Errors: We will thoroughly review the entire legal process to identify any procedural errors that could lead to a dismissal of charges or a reduction in penalties.
Contact Our Misdemeanor Defense Lawyer in Stephenville & Glen Rose Today
If you are facing misdemeanor charges in Stephenville or Glen Rose, it's essential to seek the guidance of an experienced misdemeanor defense attorney as soon as possible. The Law Offices of Brady L. Pendleton are here to protect your legal rights, navigate the legal system on your behalf, and provide you with the strongest possible defense.
Our team is committed to personalized representation, comprehensive legal strategies, and a compassionate approach to helping our clients through challenging times. Don't face misdemeanor charges alone—reach out to our legal team today to schedule a consultation and begin crafting your defense.
Contact the Law Offices of Brady L. Pendleton today to get started with our Stephenville & Glen Rose misdemeanor defense attorney.
“He really cares about his clients and takes time to listen to any questions or concerns you might have and answer them honestly.”- Carolyn
“he is very passionate about his work and others, very professional but also down to earth and treats you like a human being.”- Marlinna
“By the way, he talked and listened to me. It felt honestly like I was talking to a friend.”- Lucky